Monday, July 7, 2014

Getting Ready for a Craft Show

Hi Folks!

So, Labor Day weekend is fast approaching and I have a booth booked at our Labor Day Craft Show here in the big town of Redgranite!  Whooo hooo!  Last time I did this was in the beginning of the recession and I had like 4 sales!  Many seasoned crafters had the same results, so it wasn't just inexperienced me!  The question is...what things should I do to get ready for a craft show that is a success, not a failure?

The first thing I did was invest in a credit card scanner through Intuit.  I chose Intuit's credit card scanner because there is no monthly charge, it charges a percentage for each sale and it sends receipts to the patron through their email.  This credit card scanner attaches directly to my iPhone!  I have unlimited talk, text and web on my iPhone, so we're good to go!  I did do a test scan, and it worked great!  Yay!

Now figuring out what to sell.  If I sell paintings, I will have to frame them and have a peg board contraption.  I have a lot of things to sell, but not sure which to put out.  It is close to fall, so maybe I should focus on fall and Christmas things.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Sincerely Me,
LuAnn Marie



No comments:

Post a Comment